Dirt Bike VIN Search
VINSearch.info alerts: Make sure that bike it was stolen or damaged!
Dirt bikes are a type of motorcycles designed for off-road riding. The most popular manufacturers are Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaky and Suzuki. Such bikes are more prone to damage and accidents as they are not intended for careful riding and delicate handling.
The first and major reason why your need to search the history of a dirt bike for major constructional and functional issues as well as it's present state is that your life and health will depend on it's mechanical condition. Riding a dirt bike in an overwhelming majority means extreme riding. A minor malfunction your could easily get away with on a common public road may cost you life.
The second big issue for used bike buyers is that dirt bikes are much easier to steal than common cars. The dirt bike, like other vehicles, has a vehicle identification number.
If your dirt bike was manufactured after 1981, it has a 17-character VIN that identifies it like DNA. No two vehicles anywhere in the world have the same VIN so the vehicle history report is bound to the VIN. All the events or significant changes taking place throughout the bike's existence, for instance, accidents, a branded title or odometer discrepancies, are reported to vehicle history companies remain permanently attached to the VIN number.
It is important to inspect the vehicle identification number on a dirt bike personally to assert its a genuine one because VIN scams based on faking VINs are quite spread. The VIN code, which also comprises the larger part of original manufacturer's specifications, stays the same the whole dirt bike's lifespan.
Get the answers to these questions before you sign the contract for your dirt bike:
- I it still eligible for the original warranty?
- How much of a test drive\ride can you get?
- Is this a post-accident dirt bike?
- Does it have extended warranty?
- Who did you purchase that bike from?
- Does the dealership grant refunds in ccertain cases, like title issues, and are they stated in the sales agreement?
- Could there be any special reasons for selling the dirt ike?
How do I find My Dirtbike VIN?
- If your dirt bike was manufactured since 1981, it has a 17-character VIN that identifies it like DNA. Find the VIN and inspect it. The VIN number is commonly found in the following standard locations:
- right hand side of the steering head tube (stamped into the frame)
- bottom of the crankcase
- screwed into the steering frame above the front forks (on Kawasaky models)
- left hand side of the engine
- under the seat frame (on Suzuki models)
Make sure the VIN number is a 17-character letter-and-digit code that never includes letters I, O, Q!
- Inspect the VIN, make sure there are no scratches, chips, splintered paint, signs of molding, filing, etc - these are the signs of VIN tampering, which means that the VIN might not belong to this specific dirt bike. You want the number on the frame, not on the engine!!! While on cars and trucks these numbers always match, unless there were major repairs or replacements, on dirt bikes these are often different numbers. So, if you find that the VINs on the motor and frame do not match, it does not necessarily indicate that it's a stolen bike.
- Do free VIN decoding to see detailed specifications, match the specs with the papers, note any discrepancies and inquire on them.
- Get full vehicle history report, match the specs with the papers, note any discrepancies and inquire on them.
- Ask an independant mechanic specializing in dirt bikes to inspect this one for you. This should always be your last step: inspections are costly and a VIN history search report listing all major problems (or their absense) costs just a few dollars.
Resent Decoding Results
- 1G8ZR57539F101937: 2009 Saturn Aura
- 1FTRX17W3YNC40399: 2000 Ford F-150
- 1FAFP4049XF206849: 1999 Ford Mustang
- 1B7HC13Z5YJ148516: 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500
- 1FMZU77E82UB45106: 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
- WBAEA5C56ACV93738: 2010 BMW 6 Series
- 2B3AD46R62H238618: 2002 Dodge Intrepid
- 2G1WT57N291181841: 2009 Chevrolet Impala
- 2c4gp44332r513435: 2002 Chrysler Town and Country
- 1J4GK58K52W205884: 2002 Jeep Liberty
- JT4RN81P8N0036884: 1992 Toyota Pickup
- 3c4fy4bbx1t513804: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
- 1N6ED29X42C316876: 2002 Nissan Frontier
- JM3LW28A150552691: 2005 Mazda MPV
- 2C3LA43R06H170427: 2006 Chrysler 300
- 1HGCG5667YA033554: 2000 Honda Accord
- 1GCCS1440S8247226: 1995 Chevrolet S-10
- 1LNHM87A03Y648704: 2003 Lincoln LS
- 5J6RE38379L026142: 2009 Honda CR-V
- 2P4FP2535VR224264: 1997 Plymouth Voyager
- 1B3LC46K38N199663: 2008 Dodge Avenger
- 1FTRW12WX7KD32586: 2007 Ford F-150
- 1G6KD52B3RU213168: 1994 Cadillac DeVille
- WBANV9C52AC137053: 2010 BMW 5 Series
- 2G4WD532951238977: 2005 Buick LaCrosse
- 1HGCG2259WA000726: 1998 Honda Accord
- WV2NB47071H108200: 2001 Volkswagen EuroVan
- KNAGE228295310274: 2009 Kia Optima
- WV2KC0708PH076553: 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan
- JHMEH6160PS004826: 1993 Honda Civic del Sol