Last Decoded VIN
Dirt Bike VIN Check:VIN check website alerts: Make sure that bike ain't stolen or broken!
Dirt bikes are a type of motorcycles designed for off-road riding. The most popular manufacturers are Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaky and Suzuki. Such bikes are more prone to damage and accidents as they are not intended for careful riding and delicate handling. A serious reason why your need to check the history of a dirt bike for major constructional and functional issues as well as it's present state is that your life and health will depend on it's mechanical condition. Riding a dirt bike in an overwhelming majority means extreme riding. A minor malfunction your could easily get away with on a common road may cost you life. More than that, dirt bikes are much easier to steal than common cars and even bikes, which make it a major problem for used bike buyers. The dirt bike, like other vehicles, has a vehicle identification number. If your dirt bike was manufactured since 1981, it has a 17-character VIN that identifies it like DNA. No two vehicles anywhere in the world have the same VIN. Any dirt bike purshaser browsing for a used vehicle buying manual on the webspace will certainly be explained that the most far-seeing step to make at the very starting point is obtaining the vehicle history report. You absolutely need to inspect the vehicle identification number personally to identify this dirt bike without fail, for VIN scams are quite common and fake VINs a often found on stolen vehicles. The VIN code, which comprises the larger part of principal manufacturer's specifications, stays invariable in the course of the all the dirt bike's lifespan. Herewith, the biggest part of events occurring throughout the vehicle's existence, for one, a branded title or odometer discrepancies, is reported and remains permanently attached to the VIN number.
VIN Search Discussions:
How do I Check My Dirtbike VIN?
1. If your dirt bike was manufactured since 1981, it has a 17-character VIN that identifies it like DNA.
Find the VIN and inspect it.
The VIN number is commonly found in the following locations:
* right hand side of the steering head tube (stamped into the frame)
* bottom of the crankcase
* screwed into the steering frame above the front forks (on Kawasaky models)
* left hand side of the engine
* under the seat frame (on Suzuki models)
Make sure the VIN number is a 17-character letter-and-digit code that never includes letters I, O, Q!
- 2. Inspect the VIN, make sure there are no scratches, chips, splintered paint, signs of molding, filing, etc - these are the signs of VIN tampering, which means that the VIN does not belong to this specific dirt bike. You want the number on the frame, not on the engine!!! While on cars and trucks these numbers always match, unless there were major repairs or replacements, on dirt bikes these are often different numbers. So, if you find that the VINs on the motor and frame do not match, it does not necessarily indicate that it's a stolen bike.
- 3. Do free VIN decoding to see detailed specifications, match the specs with the papers, note any discrepancies and inquire on them.
- 4. Get full vehicle history report, match the specs with the papers, note any discrepancies and inquire on them.
- 5. Ask an independant mechanic specializing in dirt bikes to inspect this one for you. This should always be your last step: inspections are costly and a VIN report that list all major problems (or their absense) costs just a few dollars.
Resent Decoding Results
- 1G8ZR57539F101937: 2009 Saturn Aura
- 1FTRX17W3YNC40399: 2000 Ford F-150
- 1FAFP4049XF206849: 1999 Ford Mustang
- 1B7HC13Z5YJ148516: 2000 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500
- 1FMZU77E82UB45106: 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
- WBAEA5C56ACV93738: 2010 BMW 6 Series
- 2B3AD46R62H238618: 2002 Dodge Intrepid
- 2G1WT57N291181841: 2009 Chevrolet Impala
- 2c4gp44332r513435: 2002 Chrysler Town and Country
- 1J4GK58K52W205884: 2002 Jeep Liberty
- JT4RN81P8N0036884: 1992 Toyota Pickup
- 3c4fy4bbx1t513804: 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
- 1N6ED29X42C316876: 2002 Nissan Frontier
- JM3LW28A150552691: 2005 Mazda MPV
- 2C3LA43R06H170427: 2006 Chrysler 300
- 1HGCG5667YA033554: 2000 Honda Accord
- 1GCCS1440S8247226: 1995 Chevrolet S-10
- 1LNHM87A03Y648704: 2003 Lincoln LS
- 5J6RE38379L026142: 2009 Honda CR-V
- 2P4FP2535VR224264: 1997 Plymouth Voyager
- 1B3LC46K38N199663: 2008 Dodge Avenger
- 1FTRW12WX7KD32586: 2007 Ford F-150
- 1G6KD52B3RU213168: 1994 Cadillac DeVille
- WBANV9C52AC137053: 2010 BMW 5 Series
- 2G4WD532951238977: 2005 Buick LaCrosse
- 1HGCG2259WA000726: 1998 Honda Accord
- WV2NB47071H108200: 2001 Volkswagen EuroVan
- KNAGE228295310274: 2009 Kia Optima
- WV2KC0708PH076553: 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan
- JHMEH6160PS004826: 1993 Honda Civic del Sol
Frequently Checked Models
- 2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S
- 1992 Dodge Grand Caravan
- 1989 Ford Mustang
- 1988 Kawasaki ZX750-F
- 2005 Kawasaki VN800-B
- 2004 Chevrolet Corvette